The Small Business Administration’s free platform provides self-paced learning for women entrepreneurs
Calling all women entrepreneurs! Looking for some in-depth self-paced business education? The Small Business Administration (SBA) has the tool for you!
Ascent is a free online learning platform developed by experts in women’s entrepreneurship. Through videos, self assessments, and fireside chats, you’ll be able to dig deep into a variety of topics. Ascent is divided into major topics called Journeys. Within each Journey, you’ll find Excursions with the tools you need to a master a topic. Pick and choose what topics are most relevant to you and your business; skip the ones you already know!
Topics offered by Ascent include:
- Disaster & economic recovery: Prepare for a disaster by understanding its potential impacts and forming a plan for your business.
- Strategic marketing: Explore specific planning techniques, strategies, and tactics to make your business stand out in a sea of competition.
- People: Discover smart strategies to help recruit, hire, and retain the right people.
- Business financial strategy: Sharpen your financial skills with data-driven decisions and projections using these tools.
- Access to capital: Understand how to secure funding for your business, including forms of debt and equity.
- Government contracting: Identify government contracting opportunities suited to your business.
Every Journey in Ascent includes resources, success stories from real-world entrepreneurs, discussion guides, and videos to support your business growth.